What’s trending in Indian Fashion Universe?
From the Indian wedding world to the fashion runways, what’s trending in the world of Indian fashion… What is it that you must keep in mind before splurging on shopping for the next big event… let’s check that out.
- The palette called NUDE
- Ivory, gold and the shades of nude are ruling the industry like anything. Big designers from Anamika Khanna to Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla everyone has launched their dedicated collections in these tones. In fact Brides too are breaking the stereotypes and opting for colours like ivory and beige for their wedding. And come on how we can forget Sonam Kapoor’s Mehendi bash… White and ivory was the theme for her mehendi. From the bride to the guests everyone was wearing the shades of white.
- Monochromes and single tones
- The monochrome is doing the rounds again… be it casual wear, party wear or formals for that matter blacks, whites and mono tones are everywhere. Contrast has taken a backseat for a while making way for single hued styling.
Something that Silk and Sparkle is practicing too. Everything that you spot on Indian celebrities or on runways is available at Silk and Sparkle studio.
- Magic of Minimalism
- Indian doesn’t mean going over the top… unless you are a bride. For a small gather or a Christmas party at your friend’s place, even though the theme is Indian you can’t go there looking like a Christmas tree yourself. You have to balance between heavy outfit and lighter jewellery and vice versa.
- Layer things up a bit.
- Even though, simplicity is the newest trend with nudes, monochromes and minimalism as mentioned above… how can you spice things a up a little with so much subtleness – We say layering is the answer. A fancy jacket on top of a crop top, a long kurta on skirt or a shrug on top of an Indian or western ensemble just like Anamika Khanna, however you decide to layer thing up make sure things don’t look out of the place.
- Or maybe a layer of confidence over a fancy ensemble will complete the look. We believe in the individual style of a person
- Some fur, frills and tassels
- A little accessorizing of an outfit is must… add a tinge of fuss to an outfit and voila, it’s done! Exactly what latkans do to a blouse or a sober skirt. Ruffled blouse, scalloped hemlines and crazy tassels are something that top designers like Falguni Shane Peacock, Manish Malhotra, Anushree Reddy and many more have been incorporating in their designs.
All you gotta do is drape these trends in your style and leave a statement for the world to see. Bring your raw idea to us and our designers at Silk and Sparkle will give you exactly what you desired.